Hi, I’m Lesley! And this is my website. Here are some points of interest:
- I occasionally write stuff on my blog here, as well as on Medium.
- I helped to revive the new MST3K, and worked as a writer and associate producer on season 11, and a writer on season 12, now available on Netflix. This happened partly as a result of my having once wrote an impassioned essay on my appreciation for the original series. Always be enthusiastic and sincere! Enthusiasm and sincerity pay off.
- I spent five years working at xoJane.com, most recently as Deputy Editor. I quit that job in January of 2016. Feel free to enjoy some of my past writing over there.
- In 2012 I wrote a book about being fat and not apologizing for it, and how maybe you can not apologize for whatever your body looks like too. It’s called Two Whole Cakes.
- The book was based on a blog I used to write of the same name.
- There was also a related podcast I did with the exceptional Marianne Kirby—we called that Fatcast. All of the above was also influenced by my having been a longtime moderator on the seminal mid-00s Fatshionista community on LiveJournal.
- Awhile back I made a very depressing Twine game and would like to make more if I ever find the time.
- I am on Twitter and Facebook, but my heart belongs to Instagram.
- I like to get email! I also enjoy doing speaking engagements and interview-like things. You can contact me at email@example.com.